7th June, 2017
A breakfast seminar is being hosted from 8am to 10am in association with EY on Harcourt Street on Wednesday 7thJune, 2017 on the subject of IT and Cyber Security. The keynote speaker is Hugh Callaghan, EY.
The outline agenda addresses:
- What the current state of cyber risk and the cyber threat landscape is like
- Why cyber risk is a business and governance issue, rather than an IT challenge
- How regulators are thinking about cyber threats and their expectations
- Where to start within your own organisation as a non-exec
- A simple video demonstration on how a typical spear phishing attack unfolds (the kind of attack that often targets senior execs and board members)
Hugh is the Executive Director in our EMEIA Financial Services Advisory team with accountability for leading our 50-person Dublin-based team of dedicated Cyber Risk professionals. This includes leading EY’s recently expanded Advanced Security Centre, which is the premier EY regional capability hub in our EMEIA area for delivery of security services to large domestic and multinational clients worldwide. Hugh has previous experience of large-scale ethical hacking programmes, digital banking fraud strategy, cyber security roadmap definition and improvement programme delivery. Consistent with EY’s mission of making the digital world a safer place to do business and building a better working world, Hugh currently has a significant focus helping boards and senior executive management understand the implications of the cyber risk environment for their businesses. Hugh is a research scientist by background, with a Ph.D. in computational physics from University College Cork and the Max Planck Institute, and joined EY in 2003 from an international electronic payments company.